Sunday, May 31, 2009

some of my favorite quotes about seeing the world...

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” - St. Augustine

“Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” - Jack Kerouac

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

“A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” - Lao Tzu

“Not all those who wander are lost.” - J. R. R. Tolkien

“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” - Maya Angelou

"I love my country… but I think we should start seeing other people." - Bumper Sticker

“Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you’ve got to keep moving”- Albert Einstein

3 comments:

  1. Kerri,
    Your proud father sent your blog to me and I too are very proud of you. I want to follow your journeys and adventures. I had no idea that your last trip to El Salvador was filled with such education, awareness, history and pain. I don't want you to go live there though because it sounds like a very dangerous place for you to be. Maybe we can help in some other way.
    This next adventure to Europe will be extremely different than your last but I'm sure just as exciting. I look forward to your writings so add me to your list or whatever I have to do to get your blog's. This is my first one.I will miss you while you're gone. Be safe when traveling alone. Love you. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chick,

    Keep me posted as to your adventures. I love your sense of excitement and your appetite for learning. I look forward to seeing the world through your eyes and comparing with what I know, to what I can still learn. You are like a sponge, absorbing as much as possible through mere intrigue. It is that knowledge and what you do with it that makes you so special and unique. Always be curious, never stop asking questions, and travel when and where ever you can. BE SAFE... We'll miss you this summer, but keeping up with you through your blog will be exciting.
    Love always, Aunt Michel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kerri,
    I miss you already and you have only been gone for a few days. After reading your blog about el salvador, I wished I had talked to you about it more. You sound so knowledgeable and passionate about the things your are writing. I was captivated by your words. I think you should write a book! I also wish I would have kept a journal about the things I saw in Mexico. I will keep reading your blog and calling you. Have soo much fun. I cannot wait to meet you in Europe.
    Love always,
    Kelmo

    ReplyDelete